cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

KCU105 GTH rate change ports

Jump to solution

Hello - I'm running the GTHs at 3.125Gbps.  This is working using the QPLL.  In IP cat, I have both X0Y10 and X0Y9 built using the transceiver wizard in one IP block.  

When I enable the rate change ports, I only get one set of rate change ports, does this mean that I can not rate change the individual GTs?  On a series 7, if I use the rate change ports I get tx/rx rate change ports for each GT instantiated.  

I'd like to run one GT at 3.125Gbps and the second at /4 that rate or 0.78125Gbps, would it be better to implement the CPLL for each GT to achieve this or can the QPLL handle something like this?  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: KCU105 GTH rate change ports

Jump to solution

It shouldn't matter which pll you use at this line rate.  I tend to think the QPLL is better technology overall so that is what I would choose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Of my two questions, I just realized that the rate change ports are now 6 bits instead of 3. But I would like to know if it would be better to use the CPLL instead of the QPLL for the this design or does it matter?
thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It shouldn't matter which pll you use at this line rate.  I tend to think the QPLL is better technology overall so that is what I would choose.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post