Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

[petalinux 2019.2] device-tree - Function failed: do_configure

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

After having updated my 2019.1 project to 2019.2 (I now use the XSA hardware description exported from Vivado 2019.2), the petalinux build fails on the device tree do_configure step. I've attached the log.

As my design has several identical video pipelines, it seems I need the same patch as invoked in the discussion here

Does anybody encounters the same issue ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Jeremy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: [petalinux 2019.2] device-tree - Function failed: do_configure

Jump to solution

Hi jeremy@easii-ic 

I sent you a patch (privately) which is more a quick fix than a real solution.

The reason why is is failing is as per the limitation mentioned in the . For Video pipeline, the DTG officially supports the pipeline as per the VCU TRD.

So when the VPSS in CSC mode is connected to a Video frame buffer write, the DTG assume that this is for a SDI RX path. This is not the case as you were coming from the MIPI IP. So it will look for a sdirx_vcap in the already generated DT but it will not find it

So my fix was to not generate the input and output ports for the VPSS for your use case. But you will have to write them manually.

I tested with the code planned for 2020.1 and you use case does not make petalinux to crash. So hopefully it should be fixed in 2020.1. (and to answer question in advance, from you or others, I cannot give the date of when 2020.1 is released and I cannot share the code of 2020.1)

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi jeremy@easii-ic 

As mentioned in the topic you are mentioning in you post, the patch will not be the same.

We would need your XSA to find the issue and avoid the crash of the DTG. Would you be able to send me your XSA?

I can send you an email if you want to share privately

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thank you Florent. I haven't found the way to send you a private message, so please contact me to privately share the XSA.
Thanks a lot !
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi jeremy@easii-ic 

Yes I disabled the private messaging on the forums because I was receiving too much messages "can you help me with" from people thinking that I will do a private support just for them. (this is not that I do not want to help but I only help on public forums, if it is my expertise and if I have the time).

Anyway, I sent you a link to our EZmove platfrom you can use to upload your XSA

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi jeremy@easii-ic 

I sent you a patch (privately) which is more a quick fix than a real solution.

The reason why is is failing is as per the limitation mentioned in the . For Video pipeline, the DTG officially supports the pipeline as per the VCU TRD.

So when the VPSS in CSC mode is connected to a Video frame buffer write, the DTG assume that this is for a SDI RX path. This is not the case as you were coming from the MIPI IP. So it will look for a sdirx_vcap in the already generated DT but it will not find it

So my fix was to not generate the input and output ports for the VPSS for your use case. But you will have to write them manually.

I tested with the code planned for 2020.1 and you use case does not make petalinux to crash. So hopefully it should be fixed in 2020.1. (and to answer question in advance, from you or others, I cannot give the date of when 2020.1 is released and I cannot share the code of 2020.1)

Florent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your support Florent, I've applied the patch and everythings is OK now. I've added the ports connections in the system-user.dtsi like I used to with previous petalinux versions, and the video pipelines have been correctly instantiated. Now I need to test all that stuff, but it seems good